Sunday, February 4, 2007

Parachute 07

Well I haven't posted anything in a little while so thought it was time for a bit of an update. I've been busyish with work and more holidays. I love summer time and all the breaks I get it! But my hoildays have come to an end with Parachute over. Parachute was awesome once again! I would post some pics from it, but sadly I took no photos! Was having too much fun to be bothered carrying around a camera, but now I'm regretting it.
The trip started off with a 3 hour sleep in Wyndham, then a very squished drive to Dunedin airport at 4.30am with 5 boys and me in the car. Then being told we'd missed our flight by 3 minutes. 3 minutes!!! We couldn't believe it! Noone had boarded yet, the plane was still sitting there, but the captain had signed something so we couldn't be added to the list. Luckily the manager was nice and we ended up paying only $63 for a new flight, phew!! It meant i had some time to go visit Bibs though which I was so grateful for. We arrived in Auckland where Jared C picked us up and we drove to Cambridge. We went kayaking on lake there through all these glowworms, it was gorgeous! I felt like jumping into the water for a swim it was so warm but resisted. The next day we got to Parachute early and sat at the gate waiting to get it. Before I'd even got in I'd seen a a couple of groups of people I knew already, which was going to be the start of my "running" into people trend. Parachute itself was fantastic. Awesome music, saw lots of friends I hadn't seen in a while (sorry to those of you I didn't get to see as much as I wanted but I will see you again soon!), and it was hot hot hot! I missed some spots with my sunblock and managed to go rosy red in places, woopsie! I ended up spending far too much money at Manna but I NEEDED to get the cds, books and t-shirt haha. Also sponsored a wee girl from Rwanda, Liliane, she's adorable! There was motorcross and other things there which were entertaining to watch. I really enjoyed listening to Joyce Meyer too. Probably the most memorable performance, was on the Sunday night listening to Dave Dobbyn, who I'm not a great fan of, but thought why not, he's so well known. Anyway, after he cranked out Loyal it started to spit, then it bucketed down! Dave had to get moved back on the stage, the crowds started numerous chants, dancing and pushing upwards just to keep warm. It was hilarious! It was like one massive group hug. Roxy, Josh, Adam and I stuck it out until the music stopped then ran as quickly as possible back to our tents. By then we couldn't get any wetter so stood under the showers fully clothed trying to warm up. The rain meant the tent Roxy, Mary and I were in got flooded! So we had to bail to one of the boys tent for the night. I think that the rain just made the whole weekend, dancing in the rain definitely took place! Parachute wrapped up on the Monday even though we all wanted it to carry on. Spent the night in Hamilton and then got home Tues afternoon. I must say travelling with the 4 Rabbidge boys and Jimmy was such a laugh! I got home in one piece so thanks guys for the great company and laughs! Parachute left me with a sore back, feet, sunburn and mossie bites but it was worth it all! And I'll be back again next year for more good times.
Now I'm back to reality and working, apart from today and tomorrow which I get off because of Waitangi and Anniverary day, yay :D Tha's about it from the life of Brooke, until next time, Cya later (alligator)!

No comments: